House of Assembly
Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006
(a) Statements by Members
(b) Statements by Ministers
(c) Oral Questions
(d) Presenting Reports by Standing and Special Committees
(e) Tabling of Documents
(f) Notices of Motion
(g) Answers to questions for which notice has been given
2. -- Committee of Supply
3. -- Third Reading of a Bill -- "An Act To Amend The Hydro Corporation Act". (Bill No. 1)
Second Reading Bills
4. -- Second Reading of a Bill -- "An Act To Establish The Council On Higher Education". (Bill No. 21)
5. -- Second Reading of a Bill -- "An Act To Amend The Fishery Products International Limited Act". (Bill No. 32)
MOTIONS1. -- THE HONOURABLE THE GOVERNMENT HOUSE LEADER -- To Move pursuant to Standing Order 11 that the House not adjourn at 5:30 o'clock p.m. on Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006.
2. -- THE HONOURABLE THE GOVERNMENT HOUSE LEADER -- To Move pursuant to Standing Order 11 that the House not adjourn at 10:00 o'clock p.m. on Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006.
107. -- MR. PERCY BARRETT (Bellevue) - To ask the Honourable the Minister of Human Resources, Labour and Employment to lay on the Table of the House the following information:(a) a list of companies owing money to the provincial government for Workers Compensation;
(b) the amount of money owed by each company;(c) a detailed summary of the actions taken by government to collect these outstanding debts;
(d) any analyses that have been taken regarding any possible impact that these outstanding debts will have on the future financial viability of Workers Compensation in the province; and
(e) a detailed explanation of procedures used by the government to collect any overpayments to injured workers in the province.