This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture Notice, 2003
Under the authority of section 5 of the Executive Council Act, the Clerk of the Executive Council gives the following Notice.
2. In this Notice
(a) "department " means the Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture; and
Department restructured and reconstituted
3. (1) The department is restructured and reconstituted by Order in Council 2001-144 and Order in Council 2003-367 and the department is presided over by the minister.
(2) The department consists of 3 branches, as follows:
(b) Aquaculture; and
Powers and duties of the minister
4. The powers, functions and duties of the minister include the supervision, control and direction of all matters relating to
(a) the promotion, development, encouragement, protection, conservation and regulation of fisheries and aquaculture; and
(b) the administration of the Acts set out in the Schedule and of all orders and regulations passed or made under those Acts, including those powers, functions or duties necessary or desirable for carrying out the purpose of those Acts,
1. Aquaculture Act
2. Fish Inspection Act
3. Fisheries Act
4. Fisheries Restructuring Act
5. Fishery Products International Limited Act
6. Professional Fish Harvesters Act
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer