This is an official version.
Copyright © 2014: Queens Printer,
Lower Churchill Project Transmission Construction
(Filed June 17, 2013)
Under the authority of section 70 of the Labour Relations Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following Order.
2. In this Order
(a) "agreement" means the collective agreement dated January 28, 2013 and entered into between the Lower Churchill Transmission Construction Employers' Association Inc., the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, and IBEW Local Union 1620; and
(b) "memorandum of agreement" means the agreement entitled "Memorandum of Agreement to Resolve Disputes as to Overlaps of Scopes of Work in Collective Agreements Designated in Special Project Orders Enacted under Section 70 of the Labour Relations Act " dated April 15, 2013 and entered into between the following parties:
the Resource Development Trades Council of Newfoundland and
(iii) the Lower Churchill Transmission Construction Employers' Association Inc.,
(iv) the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, IBEW Local Union 1620,
(v) the Lower Churchill Reservoir Clearing Employers' Association Inc., and
Special project declared
It is declared that the undertaking with respect to the construction of transmission, related infrastructure and related activities for the Labrador Island Link and
Scope of work and geographic site
4. (1) The scope of work governed by this Order is described in Schedule A of the agreement.
5. (1) The scope of construction work under this Order does not include the construction activities performed under the Lower Churchill Hydroelectric Generation Project Special Project Order .
(2) The geographic site under this Order does not include the geographic site under the Lower Churchill Hydroelectric Generation Project Special Project Order or the Lower Churchill Reservoir Clearing Special Project Order .
Parties who may bargain collectively
6. The parties that may be involved in collective bargaining in relation to employment on the special project are the Lower Churchill Transmission Construction Employers' Association Inc., as the employers' organization acting for and on behalf of all contractors and subcontractors carrying out work on the special project, and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and IBEW Local Union 1620, as the union acting for and on behalf of employees employed on the special project.
8. The memorandum of agreement is the mechanism for resolving disputes regarding whether a specific geographic site or scope of work is governed by this Order, the Lower Churchill Hydroelectric Generation Project Special Project Order or theLower Churchill Reservoir Clearing Special Project Order .
Gender equity and diversity program
9. This Order acknowledges the commitment contained in Article 5.1 of the Lower Churchill Construction Projects Benefits Strategy with respect to the development and implementation of a Gender Equity and Diversity Program which includes a women's employment plan to satisfy the condition attached to the provincial release from environmental assessment referred to in paragraph 4(j) of the Lower Churchill Hydroelectric Generation Project Undertaking Order , Newfoundland and Labrador Regulations 18/12.
10. This Order acknowledges that the commitments respecting hiring priority contained in the Lower Churchill Innu Impacts and Benefits Agreement and the Lower Churchill Construction Projects Benefits Strategy have application to the special project.
Labour Relations Agency liaison
11. This Order acknowledges the commitment of the parties to the agreement to liaise with a representative of the Labour Relations Agency to exchange information on labour relations matters relating to the project.
Duration of order
12. This order remains in effect for the duration of the work, including mobilization and demobilization by the contractors, or as otherwise provided in the agreement.