This is an official version.
Copyright © 2015: Queens Printer,
Program Compliance Order
(Filed February 4, 2015)
Under the authority of the Newfoundland and Labrador Chicken Marketing Scheme
and the Natural Products Marketing Act
, the Chicken Farmers of Newfoundland and
2. In this Order
(a) "anniversary date" means the date that is set initially after the first audit is completed and certification is granted;
(b) "audit" means a program audit conducted by approved auditors trained in HACCP principles, auditing techniques and the program;
(c) "certification" or "certified" means the certification agent has certified the producer as compliant with the program;
(d) "certification agent" means the individual appointed by the commodity board with the overall authority for the implementation, maintenance and integrity of the program;
(e) "CFC" means Chicken Farmers of Canada;
(f) "corrective action" means an action to eliminate the cause of a detected nonconformity or other undesirable situation;
(g) "HACCP" means internationally recognized Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point principles;
(h) "non-compliant producer" means a producer who has
(i) not participated in an audit within 2 months of the anniversary date,
(ii) not completed the required corrective actions by the specified date,
(iii) not maintained the program,
(iv) not cooperated with or provided access to documentation, facilities or personnel to auditors during audits, or
(v) used the certificate, certification or other program materials in a way that conflicts with the outlined requirements of the program; and
(i) the Animal Care Program approved by CFC, as may be amended or varied from time to time, and as published by CFC, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency or another party specified by CFC,
(ii) the On-Farm Food Safety Assurance Program approved by CFC, as may be amended or varied from time to time, and as published by CFC, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency or another party specified by CFC, or
Compliance with program
Requirements of program
4. The program follows the requirements as stipulated in the CFC Management Manual for that program, as amended or varied from time to time, and as published by CFC, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency or another party specified by CFC.
Time periods for compliance
6. (1) A non-compliant producer may receive notice indicating that he or she has 60 days to comply with the program.
(2) If, at the end of the 60 day period, the producer continues to be in non-compliance with the program, the non-compliant producer may receive notice indicating that he or she has a further 60 days to comply with the program.
7. Where the non-compliant producer takes the necessary steps to comply with the program within a time period under section 6, the producer may
(a) be subject to an audit at the end of that time period; and
8. (1) A non-compliant producer may participate in one or more audits.
New producers who are non-compliant
9. (1) The board of directors of the commodity board may decide to not permit a new producer to engage in chicken production at the end of that producer's growing period if the new producer fails to comply with the program.
Withdrawal or termination of certification
10. A producer who fails to comply with the program may have his or her certification cancelled by the board of directors of the commodity board at the end of the non-compliant producer's growing period.
Withdrawal of certification - production stopped
Written notification of cancellation
Certificate and signage not to be displayed
Recertification after cancellation
15. (1) If a non-compliant producer intends to become certified after having a certificate cancelled, the non-compliant producer shall be treated as a new producer regarding procedures to issue a certification outlined in the CFC manual for that program.
16. (1) The commodity board shall cover the costs of the annual audit and one follow-up audit of a producer who is in compliance with the program.
The On-Farm Food Safety Assurance Program Order
, Newfoundland and Labrador Regulation 66/12, is repealed.