This is an official version.
Copyright ©2017: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
White Rose Project Special Project Order
(Filed December 22, 2017)
Under the authority of section 70 of the Labour Relations Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
Ann Marie Hann
1. Short title
3. Special project declared
4. Scope of work and geographic site
5. Parties who may bargain collectively
6. Collective agreement
7. Single bargaining unit
8. Gender equity and diversity plan
9. Hiring priority
10. Department liaison
11. Duration of order
1. This Order may be cited as the West White Rose Project Special Project Order.
2. In this Order,
(a) "agreement" means the collective agreement dated September 6, 2017 entered into between the WWRP Construction Employers' Association Inc. and the Council of Construction Trades Inc.; and
(b) "memorandum of understanding" means the Memorandum of Understanding for Secondary Work Site dated October 24, 2017 between WWRP Construction Employers' Association Inc. and the Council of Construction Trades Inc.
Special project declared
3. It is declared that the undertaking with respect to the construction of a concrete gravity structure for the West White Rose Project, more particularly described in Schedules A and B of the agreement and the memorandum of understanding, is a special project.
Scope of work and geographic site
4. (1) The scope of work governed by this Order is described in Schedules A and B of the agreement and the memorandum of understanding.
(2) The geographic site governed by this Order is designated in Schedule B of the agreement and the memorandum of understanding.
Parties who may bargain collectively
5. The parties that may be involved in collective bargaining in relation to employment on the special project are the WWRP Construction Employers' Association Inc., as the employers' organization acting for and on behalf of all contractors and subcontractors carrying out the work on the special project, and the Council of Construction Trades Inc., as the union acting for and on behalf of employees employed on the special project.
6. The agreement is the collective agreement for the purpose of the special project.
Single bargaining unit
7. For the purposes of the special project, all employees employed on the special project under the agreement are considered to be members of a single bargaining unit.
Gender equity and diversity plan
8. This Order acknowledges the commitment contained in section 6G of the White Rose Expansion Project Framework Amending Agreement dated October 10, 2013 with respect to the development and implementation of the White Rose Extension Project Diversity Plan.
9. This Order acknowledges that the commitments respecting hiring priority contained in the agreement have application to the special project.
10. This Order acknowledges the commitment of the parties to the agreement to liaise with a representative of the Department of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour to exchange information on labour relations matters relating to the special project.
Duration of order
11. This order remains in effect for the duration of the work, including mobilization and demobilization by the contractors, or as otherwise provided in the agreement.