This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
RSNL1990 CHAPTER B-7
BRAVERY AWARD ACT
AN ACT RESPECTING THE AWARD OF BRAVERY
1. This Act may be cited as the Bravery Award Act.
In this Act "award" means the
3. The government of the province may present an award to a citizen of the province whose life and safety have been risked while giving assistance to another person.
4. (1) The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may appoint a review panel for the purpose of accepting and considering nominations of persons eligible to receive the award.
(2) The review panel shall recommend to the Lieutenant-Governor in Council the names of those persons who are eligible to receive the award.
5. The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may make regulations to give effect to the purpose of this Act.
The award is 5.72 centimetres square and is inscribed and decorated on
the obverse side with a circular inner rim enclosing a stylized drama at sea symbolic of the courageous heritage of
(b) the reverse side with the words
The award is minted in bronze with a gold plated mat finish and suspended from a blue grogram ribbon.
1984 c26 Sch
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer