This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
SLN1994 CHAPTER G-4.1
GOVERNMENT-CORNER BROOK PULP AND PAPER LIMITED AGREEMENT ACT, 1994
AN ACT TO RATIFY, CONFIRM AND ADOPT AN AGREEMENT ENTERED INTO BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF THE PROVINCE AND CORNER BROOK PULP AND PAPER LIMITED
(Assented to December 16, 1994)
1. This Act may be cited as the Government-Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited Agreement Act, 1994.
The agreement executed and delivered by and between the Crown as represented by the Minister of Natural Resources, and Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited and deposited with the Clerk of the Executive Council is ratified, confirmed and adopted from the date of coming into force of this Act.
S.25(6) of F.A.A.
3. (1) Payment under the agreement referred to in section 2 is not subject to the requirement contained in subsection 25(6) of the Financial Administration Act that payment under the contract is subject to there being an appropriation for the fiscal year in which the payment falls due.
(2) A payment that the Crown may be required to make under the agreement referred to in section 2 shall be paid by the Honourable the Minister of Finance out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.
(3) The Minister of Finance may consent to the assignment of the payment under the agreement referred to in section 2 to a party designated by Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited.
Crown timber under the Forestry Act
4. Where, in the agreement referred to in section 2, timber is retained by Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited as timber rights reserved from lands and rights otherwise conveyed under the agreement, that timber shall not be “Crown timber” as defined in theForestry Act but this section only applies for so long as the timber rights are reserved by and to Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited and its permitted successors and assigns.
Agreement not part of Act
5. The agreement referred to in section 2 does not form part of this Act.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer