This is an official version.
Copyright © 2018: Queens Printer,
City of Corner Brook Violation Notice Regulations
Under the authority of section 280.3 of the City of
These regulations may be cited as the City of
2. In these regulations "violation notice" means a violation notice issued in accordance with section 280.1 of the City of Corner Brook Act Act or section 39.1 of the Urban and Rural Planning Act, 2000 with respect to a regulation referred to in section 3.
3. The council may issue violation notices with respect to a failure to comply with a provision of the following regulations enacted by the council under the City of Corner Brook Act or the Urban and Rural Planning Act, 2000 :
Adult Materials Display Regulations
(b) Animal Regulations ;
(c) Anti Litter Regulations ;
(d) Building By-Law ;
(e) Commercial Motor Vehicle Regulations ;
(f) Dog Regulations ;
(g) Driveway Culverts Regulations ;
(h) Fire Prevention Regulations ;
(i) Garbage and Refuse Regulations ;
(j) Noise Regulations ;
(k) Occupancy and Maintenance Regulation ;
(l) Street By-Law ; and
(m) Tree By-Law.
Time of payment
4. Where a violation notice has been issued by the council
(a) a voluntary payment made to the city with respect to that notice shall be made by the recipient of that notice not later than 7 days after the issuance of the notice to that recipient; and
(b) notwithstanding paragraph (a), a voluntary payment made to the city with respect to that notice after the time referred to in paragraph (a) shall be made by the recipient of that notice not later than 14 days after the issuance of the notice to that recipient.
Amount of payment
5. Where a violation notice has been issued by the council
(a) a voluntary payment to the city made within the time period referred to in paragraph 4(a) with respect to that notice shall be $50; and
(b) a voluntary payment to the city made with respect to that notice within the time period referred to in paragraph 4(b) shall be $75.
6. Where a person has received a violation notice and is convicted of an offence with respect to the same matter for which that notice was issued, the penalty for that offence shall be $100.