This is an official version.
Copyright © 2014: Queens Printer,
Personal Services Regulations
(Filed January 29, 2014)
Under the authority of section 19 of the Personal Services Act, I make the following regulations.
Application for registration
Registration not transferable
5. (1) The following forms of identification are prescribed as proof of age under subsection 4(2) of the Act:
(a) a valid driver's licence issued by the government of the province;
(b) an identification card issued by the government of the province;
a valid passport issued by the government of
certification of Canadian citizenship issued by the government of
(e) a Canadian Forces identification card; and
(f) a form of identification similar to those forms of identification described in paragraphs (a) to (e) that
is issued by the government of
(ii) contains a photographic image of the person to whom it is issued and his or her date of birth.
Tanning facility signage
6. (1) Tanning facility point of sale signs and tanning equipment signs shall
(a) be readily legible;
(b) have minimum dimensions of 216 millimetres by 279 millimetres; and
(c) be either a white background with black text or a black background with white text.
(2) A point of sale sign shall be posted or displayed in a tanning facility within one metre of every cash register or sales counter where access to tanning equipment is sold and shall be in the form and contain the information prescribed by the minister.
(3) A tanning equipment sign shall be posted or displayed in a tanning facility within one metre of each piece of tanning equipment and shall be in the form and contain the information prescribed by the minister.
Protective eyewear at tanning facilities
A tanning facility shall have eye protection that meets the spectral transmittance requirements under the Radiation Emitting Devices Act
Prohibited tanning equipment
8. (1) Tanning equipment shall not be used in a tanning facility where
(a) a person who purchases access to the tanning equipment may activate, turn on or program the tanning equipment;
(b) the tanning equipment is a self -service device that upon insertion of one or more coins, tokens or cards automatically activates, turns on or is programmed; or
(c) the tanning equipment does not automatically shut off after the time to access the tanning equipment purchased by a person expires.
(2) In this section, "program" includes controlling the length of time the tanning equipment is activated or turned on.