This is an official version.
Copyright © 2015: Queens Printer,
Code of Ethics Order
(Filed June 30, 2015)
Under the authority of paragraph 18(1)(e) of the Provincial Court Act, 1991, I make the following Order.
D. Mark Pike
Code of Ethics
1. A judge shall render justice within the framework of the law.
2. A judge shall perform the duties of his or her office with integrity, dignity and honour.
3. A judge shall foster professional competence.
4. A judge shall avoid any conflict of interest and refrain from entering into a situation or position where the functions of his or her office cannot be faithfully carried out.
5. A judge shall be, and shall be seen to be, impartial and objective.
6. A judge shall perform the duties of his or her office diligently and devote all efforts to the exercise of his or her functions.
7. A judge shall refrain from any activity which is not compatible with his or her office.
8. A judge shall act in a reserved, dignified and courteous manner in public.
9. A judge shall follow the administrative directives of the chief judge within the performance of his or her office.
10. A judge shall uphold the integrity and defend the independence of the judiciary, in the best interest of justice and society.