This is an official version.
Copyright © 2018: Queens Printer,
Financial Administration Regulations
(Filed May 17, 2018)
Under the authority of section 9 of the Financial Administration Act , the Treasury Board, with the approval of the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
Ann Marie Hann
1. These regulations may be cited as the Financial Administration Regulations .
2. In these regulations
(a) "Act" means the Financial Administration Act ;
(b) "community-based organization" means an organization that is representative of a community or a significant segment of a community and is engaged in meeting social and community needs; and
(c) "multi-year grant" means an agreement entered into for funds to be granted in a subsequent fiscal year in accordance with subsection 26(4.1) of the Act;
3. A multi-year grant may only be issued to a community-based organization.
4. The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may authorize a multi-year grant where the community-based organization satisfies the following criteria:
(a) it submits a completed grant funding application to the department responsible for the grant in the form and manner determined by the minister of that department;
(b) it is incorporated under the Corporations Act and is in good standing;
(c) it operates in the province and its head office is located in the province;
(d) it has operated for a minimum of 3 years at the time it submits its application; and
(e) it has received previous funding from government and it satisfied previous performance and reporting requirements.
5. A multi-year grant shall only be issued for a maximum term of 3 fiscal years.
6. A community-based organization that receives a multi-year grant shall submit the reports and other documents required to be submitted under the multi-year grant to the minister of the department responsible for the grant in the time and manner determined by that minister.
7. The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may revoke a multi-year grant where the community-based organization contravenes a term of the multi-year grant.
8. (1) The minister shall, every 5 years, conduct a of these regulations and consider the areas which may be improved.