This is an official version.
Copyright © 2018: Queens Printer,
Coyote Hunting Order,
(Filed August 22, 2018)
Under the authority of sections 81.2 and 114 of the Wild Life Regulations and the Wild Life Act , I make the following Order.
1. This Order may be cited as the Coyote Hunting Order, Newfoundland and Labrador .
2. In this order, "coyote shooting licence" means a licence issued under section 81.1 of the Wild Life Regulations .
Other licence holders
3. (1) The holder of a big game, small game, trapper or wolf shooting licence is permitted to hunt coyote by shooting, in the area and during the open season for which his or her licence is valid.
(2) The holder of the licence referred to in subsection (1) shall only shoot coyotes using the type of firearm and ammunition that his or her licence permits.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2), a person who shoots coyotes with a shotgun under the authority of this section shall use shot size 2 or larger.
4. A person shall only shoot a coyote under a coyote shooting licence using
(a) a centre-fire rifle not greater than .225 calibre; or
(b) a shotgun using shot size 2 or larger.
The Coyote Hunting Order, Newfoundland and Labrador