This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
RSNL1990 CHAPTER F-22
AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR THE
This Act may be cited as the
Establishment of association
2. The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may execute and deliver an agreement with companies and persons owning or being interested in timber areas in the province or with any of them providing for the establishment of an association to be known as the Newfoundland and Labrador Forest Protection Association with the objects of developing and maintaining forest conservation and programs of education and publicity designed to improve and perpetuate the forests of the province.
Constitution of the association
3. The constitution of the association established under section 2 shall provide for the appointment of members of the association, the replacement of members and the appointment and replacement of the executive of the association.
Power to make by-laws
4. The association established under section 3 may, subject to its constitution, make by-laws for the management of its property and effects and of its affairs and business, the entering into agreements and contracts with a person, the calling of meetings, the determination of a quorum at meetings and in general relating to all things that may be necessary for carrying out the objects of the association and for the exercise of powers incidental to the carrying out of those objects.
Contribution towards cost
5. There may be paid annually to the association, towards the cost of forest conservation and programs of education and publicity relating to the improvement and perpetuation of the forests of the province, the sum that the Lieutenant-Governor in Council approves.
Payments out of Consolidated Revenue Fund
6. Money approved for payment to the association under section 5 shall be paid by the Minister of Finance out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.
RSN1970 c248 s6