This is an official version.
Copyright © 2016: Queens Printer,
RSNL1990 CHAPTER P-2
PARLIAMENTARY SECRETARIES ACT
2016 c9 ss3 & 4
AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF PARLIAMENTARY SECRETARIES TO
1. This Act may be cited as the Parliamentary Secretaries Act.
2. In this Act "parliamentary secretary" means a parliamentary secretary to a minister of the Crown.
3. (1) The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may appoint members of the House of Assembly to be parliamentary secretaries.
(2) [Rep. by 2016 c9 s3]
(3) A parliamentary secretary shall take an oath or affirmation of office that may be prescribed by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council.
1982 c10 s3; 2016 c9 s3
4. (1) A parliamentary secretary holds office during pleasure.
(2) A parliamentary secretary stops holding that office when he or she stops being a member of the House of Assembly.
5. A parliamentary secretary shall assist the minister to whom he or she is assigned in the manner that the minister directs and that may be prescribed by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council.
6. (1) Except as provided for in subsection (2), no remuneration is payable to a parliamentary secretary by virtue of holding that office.
(2) A parliamentary secretary shall be paid the expenses actually and reasonably incurred by him or her in carrying out his or her duties.
(3) The expenses referred to in subsection (2) shall be paid by the Minister of Finance out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.